The allocated school nurse for Chart Wood School is part of a team of school nurses, school staff nurses and school health advisors. They work for ‘Children and Family Health Surrey’ – a Surrey wide NHS community health service.
School nurses will work with staff at CWS to identify any pupils who may benefit from support to help them live healthy lives. This work will include health promotion lessons, signposting to services outside of School and working with other agencies involved with children and their families.
School nurses aim to promote health and emotional wellbeing through:
- Delivering classroom based health education
- Completing health reviews on children as required
- Providing health advice to children
- Being available to children, parents and staff to address any concerns about a child’s health
- Holding health drop-ins which offer children an opportunity to discuss health issues confidentially
We also run Chat Health which is a confidential health advice and support line – 07507 329951.
Pupils can text the number and will get a reply from one of the nurses on duty from Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.