The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gaps between them and their peers.
In order to close these gaps Chart Wood School is:
- Closely tracking the progress and attainment of those in receipt of Pupil Premium and comparing this to their peers in the school.
- Developing a project that focuses on improving the social, emotional and learning of the pupils eligible for the premium funding via extended days. This will focus on the skills required to be independent in adult life.
- Providing Emotional Literacy support to pupils in school who are experiencing temporary or longer term additional emotional needs via individual ELSA sessions
- Utilising the services of a Home School Link Worker to create a unique relationship between parents and school by establishing contact immediately with new pupils through the admissions process, ensuring those with pupil premium are recorded and creating a link with parents from the beginning of their child or young person’s education at Chart Wood School.
- Reserving a small amount of money to purchase items those in receipt of Pupil Premium might otherwise not have access to. E.g. handwriting pens with special grips, books that cater to their needs and interests, sensory toys. These will be fully accounted for but purchased as needs arise.
Pupil Premium Plan 2018-19 – to follow
Pupil Premium Report 2017-18 – to follow
If you think your child may eligible to receive this additional funding and support but are not sure whether the school are aware then please speak to the school office or your child’s class teacher.