Intent – our ambition for all our pupils
Intent of the curriculum is to enable the children and young adults who attend Chart Wood School to reach their highest potential by
- Developing the STEM skills that provide a strong foundation for a life of learning
- Becoming confident, well rounded young people with an understanding and tolerance of modern equality and diversity issues, a positive self-concept and tender masculinity
- Developing personalised skills and strategies for maintaining good physical and Mental Health, inside and outside of school
- Providing experiences, inside and outside of school, that give pupils the social, cultural and symbolic capital to achieve within wider society and their chosen field
- Making pupils aware of the risks they face within their community and supporting them to develop coping mechanisms and support structures to mitigate these risks
- Achieving the academic and vocational skills, knowledge and understanding they need to progress towards their individual next steps in further education, training or employment.
If you require additional information regarding our curriculum offer, please contact the school.